Sunday, July 11, 2010

BBQ Night



Friday July 9-Yum! I wish I could say I made that, but I didn't. I’m still postponing the start of my cooking. I'm starting to get nervous, since tomorrow is day 1 (we have a wedding tonight so I'm not intentionally postponing it another day, but it is rather lucky). Rather than cook I’d like to continue to go out and have yummy BBQ. Above are some tasty fried pickles and fried green tomatoes. The entrée includes pulled pork and pork ribs with a cherry BBQ sauce on them. This sauce is one the most delicious BBQ sauces I have ever had. For the sides, I got cheese grits and collard greens. If I could live in the south I would. If I could eat grits, collards, and corn bread all the time my stomach would be very happy! Do I think I will ever be able to cook BBQ that tastes that good? No. I don't really think BBQ is going to be my "thing". I'm not really sure what my "thing" will be.

Someone asked me last night why I started this blog. That answer is fairly easy, I'm bored, so why not! Then they also asked me what my goal for this whole thing is. That question is not as easy to answer. I would like to say that my goal is to be this great, spectacular cook. Someone who people are always asking “Can you make that awesome ______(insert your favorite thing to eat) for my get together on Saturday?” These same people would be clamoring for an invite to my house for dinner every weekend. Then I would go on The Next Food Network Star or Master Chef charming all the judges with my stunning personality and my super amazing they-can't-get- enough-of it cuisine. That's when the money would start flowing in for my new charming show, the cook book offers and the guest appearances.

Now back to reality. My real goal is simply to be able to cook without feeling scared, frazzled and like it's too much work. Being able to chop vegetables correctly and not have it take 30 minutes, would be like climbing Everest to me. If I could learn that a recipe doesn't have to be followed to the point of burning or over cooking the food, my husband would be able to eat more of the food that I cook. Maybe I'll even be able to "throw something together"! Oh and have my own book titled If Kimmy Can Cook It, So Can You!

No comments:

Post a Comment